2017 Superhero Fun Run!
10th Annual Childhood Cancer Event
Due to Hurricane Harvey and clean-up efforts the date of the event has been changed. Our hearts and prayers are with all Southeast Texas flood victims. BIG Love is responding to the pressing needs of our families as quickly as possible.
Sunday, December 10th
(7am to 11am)
Pearland Town Center Pavilion
11200 Broadway Street, Pearland, TX
- 6:00 a.m. - Race Day Registration opens
- 7:30 a.m. - Memorial Ceremony and Butterfly Release
- 8:00 a.m. - Kid's Mile (7-11 years old)
- 8:30 a.m. - 5K - All
- 9:30 a.m. - Kid's Dash(4-6 years old)
- 9:45 a.m. - Little Kid's Bash (2-3 years old)
- 10:00 a.m. - Diaper Dash (1 and under)
- 10:15 a.m. - Cancer Kid Survivor Recognition and Awards
Top 12 Ways to Fun-raise!
- #1. Identify potential donors/sponsors from your circle of influence (individuals, family, business, groups, church). No gift is too small. Send a personal email (text, tweet, facebook) with your Fun Run URL explaining why you support BIG Love.
- #2. Invite your circle of friends to participate in the fun run (5k, kids mile, kids dash, virtual). All of their registrations will count towards your total.
- #3. Encourage your KEY team members to fun-raise with you.
Your peeps can set individual goals on their personal page and invite their own circle of friends to their page. Their fun-raising will count towards your overall team total. B.I.G. Love will present an MVP award at the Fun Run to the top fundraisers on the top three teams.
- #4. Conduct a Do-It-Yourself Event to raise funds.
For example: bake sale, garage sale, softball tournament, raffle, silent auction, jean day at work, coin collection, head shaving, cook-offs, bike-a-thon, or whipping childhood cancer challenge.
- #5. Become a Facebook Fanatic!
Share all of B.I.G. Love's links, post a profile picture of you in superhero attire, create an event and invite your FB friends, post your URL everywhere. Group together with your group in superhero (or batman) attire and send to BLCC to post to facebook.
- #6. Utilize instagram and twitter.
Use and follow our hashtags.
- #7. Be personal. Share your story J
And remember these key facts about B.I.G. Love:
B.I.G. Love provides services 52 weeks of the year!
Invests over $5,000 each week in tangible services to cancer families.
Fulfills over 2,600 weekly wishes each year.
Gives away over 800 toys each month and much more.
- #8. Host a social get-together to share the B.I.G. Love story.
A B.I.G. Love staff member can be available for your event.
- #9. Ask your friends…ask them again…and again!
Don't be afraid to ask multiple times. Most people give after the second ask.
- #10.Invite your friends and donors to our Fun Run Rally on Thursday, July 14th in Pearland. Supper provided. Please RSVP.
- #11. Get your Team Roster from the B.I.G. Love office and contact all your previous members.
- #12. Join the Day of B.I.G. Giving for B.I.G. Love on Thursday, September 1st the First Day of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! A donor will match the donations brought in during this 24 hour period.
Other Fun Run Photos
Calling all SUPERHEROES for the 10th annual Childhood Cancer Fun run!There are 3 main ways you can help:
Participate in the RacesJoin over 1,200 people in support of our cancer kids! Participate in the races. Top three male and female finishers of each race will be awarded a trophy. All participating kids will receive a medal. Simply choose the Register option below.
Compete as a TEAMGroup together with your friends/family, co-workers or classmates to raise money for cancer kids. The top three teams who raise the most funds and register the most participants will be presented with trophies and BIG prizes (ipads, Xbox, etc.) at the event. Simply choose the Register option below.
Become an Event SponsorSponsors are individuals, businesses, churches or organizations who wish to give a donation to help cancer kids in 2017. Simply choose the Sponsor or Donate option below.
Dress up as a superhero!
The best costume, male and female, will receive a prize.
Diaper Dash (new) - (1 and under, $20)
Kid's Bash - (2-3 years old, $20)
Kid's Dash - (4-6 years old, $20)
Kid's Mile - (7-11 years old, $20)
5K - (all ages, $30)
Virtual Run Registration ($30)
$15,000 The Justice League
- Pawpaw Pirate ($14,657)
$10,000 The Incredibles
- Aggie Southern Darlings
$7,500 The Avengers
- K-T Galvanizing Company, Inc.
$5,000 The Supers
- Lion's Club of Pearland
- Sotheast Fire Protection
$2,500 The A Team
- Dow Chemical Company
- In memory of Brooke A. Phillips
- In Memory of Dakota Thomas
$1,000 The Marvels
- Ben and Susan Lenamon
- Kenny and Megan Roden
- Faith and Healing Vet Care
- Heritage Bank
- Steve & Wendy Hoenig
- Dora Aguilar-Bloomer
- McCizer Pipeline, Inc.
$500 The Wonders
- Pearland Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics
- Malachi's Miles of Smiles
- Gregory Lilley
- Karen Phillips
- Stan & Suzanne Schaefer
- Don Davis Dealerships
- The Varghese Family
- Michelle McBurney
$250 The Hulks
- Clayton R. Smith ($350)
- Heather & Clive Bosnyak
$100 The Fantastics
- Illg Family
- Dimitroff Family
- Judge Matt Sebesta
- McDonalds Restaurant
- Jo and Kennedy Meehan
- Woodmen Life Chapter 3147
- Michalyn Ordeneaux
- David Rosenthal
- Sarah Kamas
- Pearland Area Road Runners
- Earle & Asha Thomas
- Thomas Family
- Keith Allen For 412th DC Judge
- Amber Welsh
- Phoenix Stone Foundation
- Kay Kennemer
- Leone & Stephen Clark
- Murray Briggs
Sponsors $1000 or more:
- Inducted into our Superhero Squad and will receive a special gift and recognition.
- Invited to a Sponsor Appreciation Reception on Tuesday, September 20th in Pearland. All in attendance will receive Fun Run shirts.
- Receive name recognition on all social media, website, Fun Run shirts, banners, and signage along race route.
- Event Booth Space for Sponsors who donate $5,000 or more.
Receive 2 fun run shirts and name recognition on website and social media.
Thanks to our In-Kind Sponsors
- Murphy Oil ($500 of gas cards)
Why give to BIG Love Cancer Care?
- B.I.G. Love provides services 52 weeks of the year!
- Fulfills over 2,600 weekly wishes each year.
- Gives away over 800 toys each month.
- Invests over $5,000 each week in tangible services to cancer families.