Heart of Texas League
Supporting Cancer Kids and their Families at Dell Children's Medical Center Austin, TX
By making a monthly pledge today or by making a one-time gift, you are investing in the lives of hundreds of cancer kids and their families at Dell Children's Medical Center (Austin, TX) and helping to ease the childhood cancer journey.
The Heart of Texas League is vital to the success of B.I.G. Love Cancer Care all year long. During the year, you will receive special updates, invites and even unique gifts.
Thank you for making a difference! We appreciate you!
Join This Group - Donate Now!
Thank you to our Legacy Group!
- Clive & Heather Bosnyak
- Jarod and Jenny Carter
- Julie Soskolne
- Kathleen Dyre and Bruce Eldridge
- Rafe Jackson
- Scott Kujak
- Chaney and Jessica Phillips
What your donation can do!
- For $10, you can purchase a Starbucks card for parents/caregivers to slip away from their hospital room for a few minutes to enjoy a cup of coffee. BIG Love gives away hundreds of gift cards each year!
- For $15, you can purchase an iTunes card which we give away every week to teenagers at MD Anderson’s Children’s Cancer Hospital.
- For $25, you can Grant the Wishes of a cancer kid. Here is a recent request: Chips, Coke Zero, 4T pajamas, Paw Patrol toy, PJ Masks toy, laundry detergent, socks, toothpaste. This note was on their form: “Thank you so much for everything you do. We appreciate you and we love you!” We receive over 60 of these requests each week!!!
- For $50, you can purchase a Parking Pass (or gas card) for a family. Families are charged $13 a day to park. During just a few weeks at the hospital, families will pay hundreds of dollars just to park.
- For $100, you can help host our Monthly BIG Love Birthday Bash. Each month, BIG Love brings a birthday box full of surprises for each kid at the hospital celebrating a birthday. In addition, lunch and cake are provided for the entire cancer unit!
- For $250, you can purchase a New Diagnosis Basket for a new patient. We know from firsthand experience that this initial cancer diagnosis is one of the most stressful
moments of your entire childhood cancer journey filled with immense uncertainty
and loneliness. It is our desire that during this time, B.I.G. Love can deliver
a basket full of “goodness and love” to our brave kids and their families
communicating to them – “you are not alone, and you are loved.”
Besides providing a host of food, snacks, pajamas, and toiletries in these baskets, B.I.G. Love also grants specific wishes of all new kids and teens.
- For $500, you can purchase Toys for our cancer closet for one entire week. Over 100 kids per day receive toys from BIG Love! These toys help our young kids endure countless procedures, shots and pokes!
- For $1000, you can stock the cancer unit Kitchens with Food for the entire family to eat while they are hospitalized. One cancer mom said, “If BIG Love did not bring food each week, my husband and I would not be able to eat.”
- For $2500 you can grant several big L.I.F.T. Program requests such as: hosting a birthday party for an end-of-life patient, treating a family to a weekend getaway, purchasing supplies to build a wheelchair ramp for a patient, purchasing beds for a single mom, paying pressing bills for cancer families…and on and on! BIG Love fulfills 5-6 of these needs each month.