L.I.F.T. (Love in Fragile Times) Program Houston
The L.I.F.T. (Love in Fragile Times) program serves Houston childhood oncology patients and families in crisis by meeting a need to reduce their stress or lift their spirits. Requests are meant for patients experiencing a crisis affecting home life, living situations, relapse in disease, and end of life support.
The L.I.F.T. Houston Program Details:
- Available to all oncology patients at Texas Children’s Cancer Center experiencing a crisis affecting home life, living situations, relapse in disease, and end of life support.
- Requests will be received from social workers and child life specialists from Texas Children’s Cancer Center.
- Requests must be able to be met within the State of Texas.
- Monthly budget and in-kind donations determine availability for applicable requests to be met.
- This service is offered free of charge to the patient.
Examples of requests:
- Bunk beds for family sleeping on the floor with pregnant single mother whose son was being treated at TCH
- Patient near end of life provided a two-night stay at Hotel Zaza in Houston
- Plane ticket and bus ticket for siblings of patient whose care was being withdrawn
- Makeover for teen patient who relapsed
is a strategic partner for this program.
Breanna Murray, - Program Director BLCC