The Legacy Group
Supporting Cancer Kids and their Families at The University of Texas, MD Anderson Children's Cancer Hospital, Houston, TX
B.I.G. Love Cancer Care stepped out in faith and started providing weekly services to all 32 pediatric rooms at MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital. We have met many incredible children, teens and families so far, and we are eager to serve them with the BIGGEST LOVE!
We invite you to partner with us in this ground-breaking new endeavor by joining our elite group of donors - The Legacy Group!
By making a three-year pledge today or by making a one-time gift, you are investing in the lives of thousands of young people and their families at MD Anderson and helping to facilitate the birth and establishment of a brand new program that will make a lasting impact for years to come.
Invest in your Life Legacy today!
Join This Group - Donate Now!
Thank you to our Legacy Group!
- Advanced Auto Tech in honor of Tracy Vermillion
- B.K. Gage
- Becky Decker in memory of Joel Decker
- Bev and John McMeen
- Billy and Kellie Runkle in honor of Justin Runkle
- Bob and Christine Tate in honor of Shelby Tate
- Bola Babarinde
- Bouthania Dabaja in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Brittany Pitlik in honor of Donna and Delores
- Elizabeth Borck in memory of Joel Decker
- Ginny Wiley in memory of Joel Decker
- Jennifer Young in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Jenny Odinet in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Jim and Debbie Abney
- John and Julie Mathew in memory of Jeremy Mathew
- John Gartrell in honor of Cooper Gartrell
- Joshua Rogers in honor of Rachel Rogers
- Kelli and Jared McSpadden in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Kent and Roberta Phillips in memory of Brooke Phillips
- Linley and Rodney Kowis in memory of Dakota Thomas
- Luke Jamison in memory of Susie Goodman
- Marlo Bear in honor of Serena Bear
- Melissa Rawls in honor of Alacia Wile
- Michelle McBurney in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Molly Fitzgerald in honor of Riley Fitzgerald
- Morehands Maid Service
- Paul and Amie Wainwright in memory of Mac Jackson
- Paul Ursta
- Regina Willingham in honor of Jake Hickford
- Robin Haidacher in memory of Caroline Green
- Shannan Murray in memory of Gene Alexander
- Suzelle Martin in memory of Brooke Phillips
- Taylor and Trusten Phillips in memory of Brooke Phillips
- The Butts Property Group in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Victoria Spengler in memory of Craig Buckenham
- Yulia Merchant in honor of Glebushka and Malachi
- Rebecca Frame in memory of Aidan McSpadden
- Ken Fischer
What your donation can do!
- For $10, you can purchase a Starbucks card for parents/caregivers to slip away from their hospital room for a few minutes to enjoy a cup of coffee. BIG Love gives away hundreds of gift cards each year!
- For $15, you can purchase an iTunes card which we give away every week to teenagers at MD Anderson’s Children’s Cancer Hospital.
- For $25, you can Grant the Wishes of a cancer kid. Here is a recent request: Chips, Coke Zero, 4T pajamas, Paw Patrol toy, PJ Masks toy, laundry detergent, socks, toothpaste. This note was on their form: “Thank you so much for everything you do. We appreciate you and we love you!” We receive over 60 of these requests each week!!!
- For $50, you can purchase a Parking Pass (or gas card) for a family. Families are charged $13 a day to park. During just a few weeks at the hospital, families will pay hundreds of dollars just to park.
- For $100, you can help host our Monthly BIG Love Birthday Bash. Each month, BIG Love brings a birthday box full of surprises for each kid at the hospital celebrating a birthday. In addition, lunch and cake are provided for the entire cancer unit!
- For $250, you can purchase a New Diagnosis Basket for a new patient. We know from firsthand experience that this initial cancer diagnosis is one of the most stressful
moments of your entire childhood cancer journey filled with immense uncertainty
and loneliness. It is our desire that during this time, B.I.G. Love can deliver
a basket full of “goodness and love” to our brave kids and their families
communicating to them – “you are not alone, and you are loved.”
Besides providing a host of food, snacks, pajamas, and toiletries in these baskets, B.I.G. Love also grants specific wishes of all new kids and teens.
- For $500, you can purchase Toys for our cancer closet for one entire week. Over 100 kids per day receive toys from BIG Love! These toys help our young kids endure countless procedures, shots and pokes!
- For $1000, you can stock the cancer unit Kitchens with Food for the entire family to eat while they are hospitalized. One cancer mom said, “If BIG Love did not bring food each week, my husband and I would not be able to eat.”
- For $2500 you can grant several big L.I.F.T. Program requests such as: hosting a birthday party for an end-of-life patient, treating a family to a weekend getaway, purchasing supplies to build a wheelchair ramp for a patient, purchasing beds for a single mom, paying pressing bills for cancer families…and on and on! BIG Love fulfills 5-6 of these needs each month.